Backend Software Engineer (Elixir)
We are seeking mid and senior-level backend software engineers for the New Technology dept. @ Stoiximan.
New Τechnology is the R&D arm inside Stoiximan, always on the lookout for tech that will help us scale out to meet the ever increasing demand for our services. As part of our efforts to handle excessive load during peak times we are rewriting some of our backend code in Elixir.
We are looking for experienced programmers (current stack does not matter) that are willing to try out functional programming with Elixir to work on new and existing projects.
We use Elixir for most io-heavy backend services and C#/.NET Core for the rest. SQL server and Riak are our storage engines of choice, and RabbitMQ is our go-to message broker. Current projects use a mixture of jQuery and Knockout on the frontend while new projects are written in Angular. New code is deployed on Azure and kubernetes using gitlab CI.
What to expect
- Lot's of reading! This will probably be the first time you work professionally with Elixir and you will need to catch up fast
- Exciting challenges- designing and implementing distributed and scalable services that serve tens of thousands of concurrent customers will be part of your daily routine
- A leading role: as an experienced programmer you may find yourself guiding your scrum team in all things technical
- Friendly environment: we promote knowledge sharing and cooperation
- Commuting expenses
- Competitive salary package, bonus & benefits
- Private medical-life insurance
- An exciting & friendly work environment
- Continuous improvement & training
- Prepaid card for coffee & snacks
- Team player
- Analytical thinking and the ability to methodically break down complex problems and produce quality, working code with little to no technical supervision
- Experience programming in a functional language or using functional paradigms within OO languages (either from personal projects or professionally)
Team: 100-499 employees
We are the leading online gaming operator in Greece, developing cutting edge technology and offering 24/7 entertainment to our members. Our operations are increasingly expanding across Europe. We have already positioned ourselves amongst the market leaders in Romania and Cyprus, have recently launched in Germany and plan to launch in 2 more European markets in 2018.How did we get here? Simply by loving what we do and by sticking to our values. We put people first. We stake our personal reputations on the excellence of our work. We are passionate about our products and services. We invest in breakthrough technologies and innovation. We always listen to our users but also to our own people. We respond fast and adapt to changes. We continuously improve. Every single day.Most of all, we work together. No matter what it is we are working on at our cool offices, we do it as #OneTeam in an energising and rewarding working environment. We are proud of what we have achieved so far but also have a lot of dreams for the future. We want to push things even further and inspire many more to join us!