Front-end Software Engineer (Any stack -> Angular)
We are Stoiximan.gr
We have grown from 180 employees to 450 in the last 18 months. Developing cutting-edge technology is our thing and offering 24/7 entertainment to our members is our passion.
Let's start with the role
We are seeking passionate mid & senior levels frontend software engineers to join the New Technology dept. @ Stoiximan. We are building the next generation of Stoiximan sportsbook tools and services using the latest technology with an eye to scaling out to meet the ever-increasing demand for our services. It is a huge undertaking and we need your help to make it happen.
We are looking for skilled front-end engineers (current stack does not matter) that are willing to make the transition to Angular (latest).
What does our stack look like
- APIs are exposed using ASP.NET Core (both HTTP and websocket endpoints).
- All UI/frontend code is written in Angular.
- We use Elixir for most IO-heavy backend services.
- SQL server and Riak are our storage engines of choice, and RabbitMQ is our go-to message broker.
- New code is deployed on kubernetes using gitlab CI.
- We use a service-oriented architecture to solve scaling and availability issues. If you're familiar with CAP, we tend in most things to be a tiny bit more A than C.
What can you expect
- Lot's of reading! If this is your first time using Angular, you will have a lot of catching up to do. And if it's not, reading up on the latest advancements can't hurt either
- Exciting challenges- building fast UIs that remain responsive under a constant barrage of streaming updates is not for the weak of heart
- A leading role: as an experienced engineer you may find yourself guiding less experienced team members in all things frontend
- The best mentors: we are proud to have some of the best engineers around on the team who are always happy to help you with anything code or SF related
- Friendly environment: we promote knowledge sharing, cooperation and beers
- Normal working hours: no death marches, no 10-hour work stretches. We love scrum and work-life balance
- Nice rigs: dual 2.5K monitors, latest i7s, tons of RAM, fast SSDs
- Commuting expenses
- Competitive salary package, bonus & benefits
- Private medical-life insurance
- An exciting & friendly work environment
- Continuous improvement & training
- Prepaid card for coffee & snacks
- Familiarity with a modern web development framework (Angular, React, Vue etc.)
- Familiarity with immutable stores and patterns (Redux etc.)
- Familiarity with any testing frameworks
- Bonus points for an active GitHub or StackOverflow (or similar) account
Team: 100-499 employees
We are the leading online gaming operator in Greece, developing cutting edge technology and offering 24/7 entertainment to our members. Our operations are increasingly expanding across Europe. We have already positioned ourselves amongst the market leaders in Romania and Cyprus, have recently launched in Germany and plan to launch in 2 more European markets in 2018.How did we get here? Simply by loving what we do and by sticking to our values. We put people first. We stake our personal reputations on the excellence of our work. We are passionate about our products and services. We invest in breakthrough technologies and innovation. We always listen to our users but also to our own people. We respond fast and adapt to changes. We continuously improve. Every single day.Most of all, we work together. No matter what it is we are working on at our cool offices, we do it as #OneTeam in an energising and rewarding working environment. We are proud of what we have achieved so far but also have a lot of dreams for the future. We want to push things even further and inspire many more to join us!